Thursday 2 October 2014

Big News. There's a Wedding

Hello there my Lovelies, hope you are well. Sorry I've not blogged for a while I've not been well but I'm back now.This card used the Big News stamp set. Firstly the card is 15 x 15 cms. It is fully covered by a piece of Gold Soiree paper, it is one of my favourites it looks like lace, Stampin Up must have known it would be a hit as they have made a large stamp in this design. Before I stuck this to the base card I wrapped some Gold Satin ribbon across the bottom of the paper, then added a bow. Using the Labels Collection dies I cut the largest in Gold Glimmer paper and the next largest in White Vellum. I dusted over the Vellum with the Embossing Buddy   and then stamped the happily ever after sentiment from the Big News stamp set in Versamark. I sprinkled on Gold Embossing Powder and then gently tapped off the excess then heat embossed it from the underneath so as not to scorch the vellum. I also used this method to make some hearts from the same stamp set which I cut out myself scored down the middle and stuck 3 together twice, to make dimensional hearts. The flowers using the same method from the Something to Say set were punched out using one of the Itty Bitty punches. Some of these flowers were also punched out in Gold Glimmer and some Itty Bitty hearts also. The Vellum was stuck to the Glimmer paper using Pinflair Glue, a 3D glue, applied underneath the gold embossed letters and where the hearts and flowers were placed. Basic Pearls were added to the centre of the flowers as a finishing touch. This would make a great wedding card or a 50 wedding anniversary card. Hope you like it,all the best Joanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment