Thursday 19 February 2015

Butterfly Basics Shaker Card

Hello there, I just loved this Butterfly Basics stamp set and Butterfly Thinlits Dies as soon as I saw them and "needed them" as usual, but I also loved the Artisan Embellishment Kit which is on the same page as the other sets. As you know I run regular classes so l decided to use all the elements together and get a few classes from their use. For this card l used Pear Pizzaz as the base and used the Fern stamp and Pear Pizzaz ink and stamped around the edge of the card to give me a back ground. 
I then made a mat in Whisper White card and onto it again stamped the Fern in the same colour four times in the bottom right of the card and three times in the upper left. I gradually shortened the Fern and turned it slightly with each stamp. I cut a piece of White Vellum to cover the White card mat and rubbed over it with the Embossing Buddy. I used the flower from the Basic Butterfly stamp set and stamped onto the centre of the vellum using Blackberry Bliss Ink, immediately sprinkling Clear embossing powder over the ink then shaking off the excess. I then heat set this from the underneath of the vellum. I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment using Pear Pizzaz ink.
I then punched out various circles using punches and placed then on the centre of the stamped white card. Placing the stamped Vellum over the top I used a sewing machine to sew the two pieces together forming a Shaker Card.
The Blackberry Bliss Velvet Ribbon from the Artisan Embellishment Kit was wrapped around the card front twice and secured on the back. I made them cross over for an added effect. One of the Basic Metal buttons from the kit was used and stuck on with glue dots. This was then matted onto the base card. I really enjoyed making this card and it used a few differing techniques to get the finished result. Thanks for looking, hope you are looking forward to seeing the other cards in the series, all for now, Joanne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment