Wednesday 25 February 2015

Grunged Butterfly Basic

Hello there, hope all is well with you. With this one I got a little down and dirty hehe!  The card is 8"x8". I cut a mat in Very Vanilla card stock 71/2"x71/2". Firstly I used the Hearts and the Dots from the Decorative Mask sets and with Acrylic paints matching Crisp Cantaloupe and Very Vanilla I  started to decorate the mat. I partly sponged through the mask with the matching cantaloupe paint in two opposing corners and then heat set with the heat tool. I did the same with the dot stencil. Once I was happy with that I tore the mat, I wanted quite a distressed look as you can see! Using a Silicone Craft Sheet I then applied Soft Suede Ink around the edges of the mat with sponge and circular movements. Again you can do a lot or a little it's your preference.
I them stamped a sentiment in the top right of the mat in Crisp Cantaloupe. This can then be attached to the card. 3 butterflies were stamped in same colour on Very Vanilla then die cut. A die cut of the Middle butterfly in Soft Suede and a large one in Gold Foil sheet were also used for the middle butterfly. These were attached in the centre to allow wing movement.
to finish the card the 3 resin flowers from the Artisan Embellishment kit were attached to the butterflies and 3 of the Crisp Cantaloupe roses from the ribbon were cut separately and attached to the card. All for now, Joanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment